Friday, October 5, 2012

Chicken Noodle Casserole

So what do you make for a guy who doesn't like Tuna or mushrooms... yet you are hungry for noodle casserole??? Well, THIS is what you make! Chicken noodle casserole! I must say it turned out pretty tasty for being a last minute recipe. Best part? My 10 year old who thru a fit and DID NOT want casserole for supper actually liked it (along with my guy and my mom) and he even went out for another serving!

(No pictures this time sorry, next time we make it I will post a pic for you guys!)

INGREDIENTS:


  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 3 small cans of canned chicken, next time I will do more possibly 4 or 5 or just get the big can!) 
  • 16 ounces egg noodles
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of celery because my guy and son aren't fond of mushrooms) 
  • 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
  • 1 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
  • 1/2 cup butter



DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350' F.
Poach the chicken in a large pot of simmering water. Cook until no longer pink in center, about 12 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside. Bring chicken cooking water to a boil and cook the pasta in it. Drain. Shred or dice the chicken and mix it with the noodles. (or open your cans and drain the juice)
In a separate bowl, mix together the mushroom soup (or celery soup), chicken soup, and sour cream. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Gently stir together the cream soup mixture with the chicken and noodle mixture. Place in a 2-quart baking dish.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan or the microwave. Stir in the crumbled crackers and sprinkle atop the casserole. Bake for about 30 minutes, until heated through and browned on top.


(for the link to the site I originally found this recipe, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment