Saturday, October 13, 2012

Doughnut Muffins

Today has been a chilly and drizzly day. So I got in the mood to bake yet again! I found this recipe recently and have been dying to find a reason to make them! Well I today was that day.... homemade doughnuts to celebrate Fall!! They didn't quite turn out how I had hoped, but I have plans on making them again and making necessary changes to make them more enjoyable for us. Maybe even add some chocolate chips or just get up On a Sunday morning and having freshly made doughnuts ready for when everyone gets out of bed! They are quick and simple enough to make often! Hope you enjoy these as much as we are!





INGREDIENTS:

1 cup white sugar (separated into 2- 1/2 cup portions)
1/2 cup margarine; melted (separated into 2- 1/4 cup portions) {i used an extra 1/4 cup for the dipping because I ran out}
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg {next time I will only use 1/4 tsp. Because the nutmeg was very overpowering}
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon









DIRECTIONS:


Preheat oven to 375'.
Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined.
Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.




Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes. (I checked mine right at 15 minutes and they were perfectly done!
While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve. {I have a doughnut glaze recipe that I will try next time we make these}

Final result of the cinnamon and sugar coated doughnuts!


To get the recipe for our homemade doughnut glaze to try on these, click here.



(for the link to the site I originally found this recipe, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment