Sunday, October 7, 2012

Grandma Katie's Snickerdoodles

Many of my fondest memories growing up involve being at my Grandma Katie's house. She was, and still is, a very special woman whom we all miss every single day! She always had her front door open and would say hello to the people walking by, she was so full of life and love. She always had fresh baked cookies and soda in her fridge just in case one of her children or many grandchildren stopped in on their way to work or just to chat with her. I wish I still had that option, I wish I could drive to her house just to see how her day has been or if she needed anything from the store.

Needless to say she is a very special woman who touched my life immensely. One of the last times I was at her house, she had just made these cookies and today as I was making them for my family, I kind of felt like she was watching me and I hope I am making her proud in all I am trying to do.




INGREDIENTS:


  • 1 cup soft margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 TBS. sugar (for rolling cookies in before baking)
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon (for rolling cookies in before baking)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 325'
Mix together margarine, sugar, and eggs. Sift together and stir in; flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Roll into balls the size of small walnuts and roll in sugar mixture (I found using a small cookie scope and dropping into sugar mixture worked easier!). Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper). Bake 8-10 minutes. (Recipe also states that you can chill the dough overnight if you want, I did not, but you can if you want lol)
These cookies puff up at first, and then flatten out. They are so soft and yummy!!! All my son could do was say "mmmmMmmmmMmmmmmm" as he was taking bite after bite!!!

(Proud to say they tasted just like Grandma Katie's too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment