Sunday, October 14, 2012

Doughnut Glaze

Personally I am a glazed doughnut girl, don't get me wrong, I can eat cinnamon and sugar coated ones along with ones with icing on them, but I can eat glazed ones until my tummy hurts! So when I find all of these amazing recipes for homemade doughnuts and they all suggest doing the cinnamon and sugar coating, it makes me long for a good glazed doughnut! So I went on a journey to find a good recipe to make in addition with those homemade doughnuts! Here it is!




INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (other users suggested using only 1/2 tsp of vanilla)
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar



DIRECTIONS:

Combine milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat until warm.
Sift confectioners' sugar into milk mixture. Whisk slowly, until well combined.
Remove the glaze from the heat and set over a bowl of warm water.
Dip doughnuts into the glaze, 1 at a time, and set on a draining rack placed in a half sheet pan for 5 minutes before serving.


Try this on our homemade doughnut muffins! Click here for the recipe!


(for the link to the site I originally fund this recipe, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment