Monday, October 8, 2012

Roasted New Red Potatoes


So we got a huge bag of red potatoes one day, and I had no idea what to do with them, because I had honestly only ever had them once before. So I turned to Google and found this recipe and decided to give it a try. They were good, we just need to tweak the recipe next time we make this because the pepper really came thru and we aren't big pepper fans, but we will make this again and add our own twists to this recipe as I encourage you to do! (like garlic, onion salt, cheese or maybe even sprinkle the tops with bacon pieces!)


(no pictures of this one yet, sorry!) 

INGREDIENTS:


  • 3 lbs. small red new potatoes, halved (I quartered mine)
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp. salt and pepper (I will cut back on pepper next time, it overpowered the potatoes)

DIRECTIONS:

Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange, cut side down, on a large lipped cookie sheet or jellyroll pan.
Roast until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes (check after 20 minutes). Transfer to a serving dish.



(for the link to the site I originally found this recipe, click here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment